- Saturday at 8:00pm-ish: Bid on laptop.
- Sunday at 10:00am-ish: See I won the auction.
- Sunday just after that: Pay $2050.00 on a Discover card via PayPal
- Sunday afternoon-ish: Start poking around at seller's identity.
- Monday all day-ish: Start freaking out that there is no laptop and dreading having to jump through hoops to get PayPal/EBay to refund me.
- Tuesday at 2:00am-ish: EBay pulls the auction and PayPal launches an investigation.
- Tuesday at 3:00pm-ish: I email PayPal asking what sort of timeframe I should expect.
- Wednesday at 9:00am-ish: PayPal tells me they try to resolve everything in less than 30 days, but some things take longer.
- Wednesday at 4:00pm-ish: PayPal closes investigation and reverses the charges.
So, I'm all back to even. Go EBay and PayPal! Yay!